2016 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 18. EDUCATION
304A. University of Hawaii System
304A-3005 Research corporation excepted from certain state laws.
§304A-3005 Research corporation excepted from certain state laws. To carry out the purposes and objectives of the research corporation, including the conduct of research and training projects, the research corporation shall be granted flexibility in hiring its personnel and in handling and disbursing moneys by being excepted from the following state laws:
(1) Sections 36-27 and 36-30, relating to special fund reimbursements to the state general fund;
(2) Chapter 103D, relating to advertising for bids and purchases to be made in Hawaii whenever public moneys are expended;
(3) Chapter 103D with respect to construction contracts; provided that the exception shall not apply where state funds are used and compliance with chapter 103D is required by a bill enacted by the legislature;
(4) Chapter 76, relating to civil service; and
(5) Section 78-1, relating to public employment. [L 2006, c 75, pt of §2; am L 2013, c 288, §3]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.