2016 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 18. EDUCATION
304A. University of Hawaii System
304A-3001 Establishment of the research corporation; purpose.
[§304A-3001] Establishment of the research corporation; purpose. (a) There is established as a body corporate, the research corporation of the University of Hawaii. The research corporation shall be a public instrumentality and shall be a part of the University of Hawaii for administrative purposes pursuant to section 26-35.
(b) The purposes of the research corporation shall include, but not be limited to, the promotion of all educational, scientific, and literary pursuits by:
(1) Encouraging, initiating, aiding, developing, and conducting training, research, and study in the physical, biological, and social sciences, humanities, and all other branches of learning;
(2) Encouraging and aiding in the education and training of persons for the conduct of the training, investigations, research, and study;
(3) Furnishing of means, methods, and agencies by which the training, investigation, research, and study may be conducted;
(4) Assisting in the dissemination of knowledge by establishing, aiding, and maintaining professorships or other staff positions, fellowships, scholarships, publications, and lectures;
(5) Engaging in other means of making the benefits of training, investigations, research, and study available to the public; and
(6) Taking any and all other actions reasonably designed to promote these purposes in the interest of promoting the general welfare of the people of the State. [L 2006, c 75, pt of §2]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.