2016 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 18. EDUCATION
304A. University of Hawaii System
304A-2672 Powers of the board.
§304A-2672 Powers of the board. Notwithstanding any law to the contrary, the board may:
(1) Designate as a university project, any undertaking, improvement, or facility on any one or more of the areas in one or more of the educational institutions under the jurisdiction of the board;
(2) Construct and maintain university projects, including a university project included or to be in a university system; provided that all procurements for professional services furnished by licensees under chapter 464 for construction projects shall be coordinated with the department of accounting and general services on behalf of the board; provided further that the department of accounting and general services shall not be responsible for procurements determined by both the University of Hawaii and the department of accounting and general services to be professional services furnished by licensees under chapter 464 for repair and maintenance;
(3) Combine two or more university projects into a university system on one or more of the areas on any one or more of the educational institutions under the jurisdiction of the board, and to maintain the system;
(4) Combine two or more university projects, university systems, or university projects and university systems into a network, on any one or more of the areas on any one or more of the educational institutions under the jurisdiction of the board, and to maintain the network;
(5) Prescribe and collect rents, fees, and charges for the use of or services furnished by any university project and the facilities thereof, and pledge any appropriation to any university project and the facilities thereof that in aggregate, produces revenue of the university at least sufficient to comply with section 304A-2681;
(6) With the approval of the governor, issue revenue bonds under this subpart in such principal amount as may be authorized by the legislature from time to time to finance in whole or in part the cost of construction or the cost of maintenance of any university project, including funding reserves therefor;
(7) Pledge to the punctual payment of revenue bonds and interest thereon, all or any part of the revenue of the university, including any appropriation, in an amount sufficient to pay the revenue bonds and interest as the same become due and to create and maintain reasonable reserves therefor;
(8) Establish a loan program or a commercial paper program upon terms and conditions that the board may determine; and
(9) Advance moneys of the university, not otherwise required, and do any and all other lawful acts as may be necessary, convenient, or desirable, for carrying into execution and administering this subpart. [L 2007, c 161, pt of §1; am L 2013, c 87, §4]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.