2016 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 18. EDUCATION
304A. University of Hawaii System
304A-203 Powers and duties of agency.
[§304A-203] Powers and duties of agency. (a) The board of regents may:
(1) Formulate, pursuant to the standards therefor set forth in section 7(a) of the Soil Conservation and Domestic Allotment Act, agricultural plans for this State for each calendar year and, from time to time, make revisions in the agricultural plans as may be necessary to conform to the standards;
(2) [Use], in formulating and revising the agricultural plans, the assistance of the agricultural extension service and the agricultural experiment station;
(3) Designate in the agricultural plans the board of regents as the agency of this State to administer the agricultural plans;
(4) Submit the agricultural plans to the Secretary of Agriculture of the United States, prior to such time and in such manner and form as the Secretary of Agriculture may prescribe;
(5) Receive on behalf of the State any grants made pursuant to section 7 of the Soil Conservation and Domestic Allotment Act and utilize and expend the grants in accordance with such agricultural plans as may have been approved by the Secretary of Agriculture;
(6) Make provision for the establishment of state, county, and community committees or associations of agricultural producers, organized for such purpose, and for participation by them in the administration of the agricultural plans;
(7) Employ such personal services and incur such other expenses as it finds necessary for the efficient exercise of its powers and duties under this section;
(8) Use in the administration of the provisions hereof available services and assistance of other agencies of this State and of the agricultural extension service and the agricultural experiment station of the University of Hawaii;
(9) Delegate to committees, associations, individuals, corporations, or other agencies of this State such functions in carrying out sections [304A-201] to [304A-202] and this section as it deems suitable, and exercise all other powers and authorities and do any and all other things that it may deem necessary or proper to the performance of its duties and functions hereunder;
(10) Provide for the submission of reports to the Secretary of Agriculture as may be deemed requisite, including such reports as may be required to ascertain whether the agricultural plans are being carried out according to their terms;
(11) Prescribe rules as may be necessary or expedient for the effective administration of the agricultural plans and ensure the correctness of and make possible the verification of reports as may be required by the terms of the agricultural plans; and
(12) Submit to the governor an annual report for each year covering the administration and operation of the program.
(b) The board of regents shall perform its duties and functions as such agency under sections [304A-201] to [304A-202] and this section separately and distinctly from the performance of its duties and functions under any other act or in any other capacity, except that the board may use the services and the assistance of the personnel and faculties normally used by it in the performance of such other functions if it finds that the utilization of the services and assistance is necessary to, or is calculated to assist substantially in, the effective administration of sections [304A-201] to [304A-202] and this section and that the personnel or faculties may be used without interference with the effective performance of such other duties and functions. [L 2006, c 75, pt of §2]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.