2016 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 18. EDUCATION
304A. University of Hawaii System
304A-1705 Council powers.
[§304A-1705] Council powers. The medical education council may:
(1) Conduct surveys, with the assistance of the department of health and the department of commerce and consumer affairs, to assess and meet changing market and education needs;
(2) Appoint advisory committees of broad representation on interdisciplinary clinical education, workforce mix planning and projections, funding mechanisms, and other topics as is necessary;
(3) Use federal moneys for necessary administrative expenses to carry out its duties and powers as permitted by federal law;
(4) Distribute program moneys in accordance with this subpart; provided that any expenditures authorized shall be for a public purpose and shall not be subject to chapters 42F, 103, 103D, and 103F;
(5) Hire employees not subject to chapters 76 and 89 necessary to carry out its duties under this subpart; and
(6) Adopt rules in accordance with chapter 91, necessary to carry out the purposes of this subpart. [L 2006, c 75, pt of §2]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.