2016 Hawaii Revised Statutes
PART I. OLD GENERAL REGULATIONS
TITLE 10. PUBLIC SAFETY AND INTERNAL SECURITY
134. Firearms, Ammunition and Dangerous Weapons
- 134-1 to 18 [OLD] REPEALED.
- 134-2 Permits to acquire.
- 134-2.5 Permits for motion picture films or television program production.]
- 134-3 Registration, mandatory, exceptions.
- 134-3.5 Disclosure for firearm permit and registration purposes.
- 134-4 Transfer, possession of firearms.
- 134-5 Possession by licensed hunters and minors; target shooting; game hunting.
- 134-6 REPEALED.
- 134-6.5 Relief from federal firearms mental health prohibitor.
- 134-7 Ownership or possession prohibited, when; penalty.
- 134-7.2 Prohibition against seizure of firearms or ammunition during emergency or disaster; suspension of permit or license.
- 134-7.3 Seizure of firearms upon disqualification.
- 134-7.5 Seizure of firearms in domestic abuse situations; requirements; return of.
- 134-8 Ownership, etc., of automatic firearms, silencers, etc., prohibited; penalties.
- 134-9 Licenses to carry.
- 134-10 Alteration of identification marks prohibited.
- 134-10.5 Storage of firearm; responsibility with respect to minors.
- 134-11 Exemptions.
- 134-12 REPEALED.
- 134-12.5 Forfeiture of firearms, ammunition, deadly or dangerous weapons, and switchblade knives; when.
- 134-13 Revocation of permits.
- 134-14 Report.
- 134-15 Restriction of materials for manufacture of pistols or revolvers.
- 134-16 Restriction on possession, sale, gift, or delivery of electric guns.
- 134-17 Penalties.
- 134-18 Qualified immunity for physicians, psychologists, or psychiatrists who provide information on permit applicants.
- 134-21 Carrying or use of firearm in the commission of a separate felony; penalty.
- 134-22 Possession of a firearm with intent to facilitate the commission of a felony drug offense; penalty.
- 134-23 Place to keep loaded firearms other than pistols and revolvers; penalty.
- 134-24 Place to keep unloaded firearms other than pistols and revolvers; penalty.
- 134-25 Place to keep pistol or revolver; penalty.
- 134-26 Carrying or possessing a loaded firearm on a public highway; penalty.
- 134-27 Place to keep ammunition; penalty.
- 134-28 Explosive devices; prohibitions; penalty.
- 134-31 License to sell and manufacture firearms; fee.
- 134-32 License to sell and manufacture firearms; conditions.
- 134-33 Punishment for violations of section 134-32.
- 134-34 National emergency, when.
- 134-51 Deadly weapons; prohibitions; penalty.
- 134-52 Switchblade knives; prohibitions; penalty.
- 134-53 Butterfly knives; prohibitions; penalty.
Zero tolerance policy for drugs and weapons, see 302A-1134.6.
Where plaintiff asserted that 134-6 and 134-9 violated rights guaranteed by Article I and the Second, Fifth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments of the U.S. Constitution, defendants' motions to dismiss plaintiff's complaint granted; among other things, plaintiff did not have standing to challenge this chapter on the basis of an alleged deprivation of Second Amendment or Ninth Amendment rights, this chapter is not an impermissible bill of attainder with respect to plaintiff, and this chapter imposes no impairment of a contractual right possessed by plaintiff. 548 F. Supp. 2d 1151.
Defendant could not claim that state firearms regulations infringed upon rights protected by Second Amendment. 82 H. 143, 920 P.2d 357.
Right to bear arms may be regulated by the State in a reasonable manner. 82 H. 143, 920 P.2d 357.
Appellate court precluded from remanding convictions for retrial as no lesser included offense of a felon in possession of a firearm or ammunition under this chapter. 82 H. 517 (App.), 923 P.2d 934.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.