2015 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 31. FAMILY
- 578-1 Who may adopt; jurisdiction; venue.
- 578-1.5 Adoption.
- 578-2 Consent to adoption.
- 578-3 Custody of child pendente lite.
- 578-4 Notice to resident nonconsenting legal parent whose rights have not been terminated.
- 578-5 Same; proof of.
- 578-6 Notice to nonresident or unlocated nonconsenting legal parent whose rights have not been terminated.
- 578-7 Substituted or constructive service.
- 578-8 Hearing; investigation; decree.
- 578-9 Custody of minor child after decree and before adoption.
- 578-10 Disposition of minor child on discontinuance, withdrawal or denial of petition.
- 578-11 Disposition in case of death of petitioners.
- 578-12 Setting aside or modifying decree.
- 578-13 Change of name.
- 578-14 Record of adoption.
- 578-14.5 Medical information on the natural parents of the adopted minor child.
- 578-15 Secrecy of proceedings and records.
- 578-16 Effect of adoption.
- 578-17 Guardian ad litem.
Adoption assistance compact, see chapter 350C.
Adoption assistance program, see 346-301 to 305.
Interstate compact on placement of children, see chapter 350E.
Medicaid-related mandates, see chapter 431L.
Attorney General Opinions
Rights attendant to status of adoption require compliance with statutory procedures; rights of hanai children discussed. Att. Gen. Op. 93-1.
Law Journals and Reviews
Privacy v. Secrecy: The Open Adoption Records Movement and Its Impact on Hawai i. 15 UH L. Rev. 483.
The "Hawaiianness" of Same-Sex Adoption. 30 UH L. Rev. 517 (2008).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.