2015 Hawaii Revised Statutes
PART I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
TITLE 26. TRADE REGULATION AND PRACTICE
489. Discrimination in Public Accommodations
- 489-1 Purpose; construction.
- 489-2 Definitions.
- 489-3 Discriminatory practices prohibition.
- 489-4 Exception, privacy requirements.
- 489-5 Other discriminatory practices.
- 489-6 Complaint against unfair discrimination; reporting requirements.
- 489-7 No limitation on causes of action.
- 489-7.5 Suits by persons injured; amount of recovery, injunctions.
- 489-8 Civil penalty.
- 489-9 Motion picture theater accommodation.
- 489-21 Discriminatory practices; breastfeeding.
- 489-22 Private cause of action.
- 489-23 Exclusion from civil rights commission.
Person may bring action under chapter if person is discriminated against in public accommodations because the furnisher of the accommodations believes person to be handicapped, whether or not person is actually handicapped. 72 H. 150, 808 P.2d 1276.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.