2015 Hawaii Revised Statutes
PART I. GENERALLY
TITLE 25. PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
453. Medicine and Surgery
- 453-1 Practice of medicine defined.
- 453-1.3 Practice of telehealth.
- 453-1.5 Pain management guidelines.
- 453-2 License required; exceptions.
- 453-3 Limited and temporary licenses.
- 453-3.1 REPEALED.
- 453-3.2 Educational teaching license.
- 453-3.5 Training replacement temporary license.
- 453-4 Qualifications for examination and licensure.
- 453-4.5 Foreign medical graduates; alternative qualifications.
- 453-5 Hawaii medical board; appointment, removal, qualifications.
- 453-5.1 Powers and duties of board.
- 453-5.2 REPEALED.
- 453-5.3 Physician assistant; licensure required.
- 453-5.4 Physician assistant advisory committee.
- 453-5.5 Physician assistant; authority to sign documents.
- 453-6 Fees; expenses.
- 453-6.5 REPEALED.
- 453-7 Form of license.
- 453-7.5 Review of complaints and information by department.
- 453-8 Revocation, limitation, suspension, or denial of licenses.
- 453-8.1 Voluntary limitation of license.
- 453-8.2 Disciplinary action.
- 453-8.3 REPEALED.
- 453-8.4 Summary suspension.
- 453-8.5 REPEALED.
- 453-8.7 Reporting requirements.
- 453-8.8 Physician workforce assessment fee; license; physician workforce information.
- 453-9 REPEALED.
- 453-10 Witnesses in such proceeding.
- 453-11 Recalcitrant witnesses; contempt.
- 453-12 Perjury.
- 453-13 Penalty.
- 453-14 Duty of physician, osteopathic physician, surgeon, hospital, clinic, etc., to report wounds.
- 453-15 Who shall give consent to a postmortem examination.
- 453-16 Intentional termination of pregnancy; penalties; refusal to perform.
- 453-17 Subpoena of peer review adverse decision report.
- 453-18 Pelvic examinations on anesthetized or unconscious female patients.
- 453-31 Emergency ambulance service personnel.
- 453-32 Certification of emergency ambulance personnel.
- 453-32.1 Renewal of certification.
- 453-32.5 Temporary certification.
- 453-32.6 Delegation to committee of practicing emergency physicians or osteopathic physicians and emergency ambulance personnel.
- 453-32.51 Limited temporary certification.
- 453-33 Rules.
- 453-51 Definitions.
- 453-52 Expedited partner therapy.
- 453-53 Information sheet.
- 453-54 Limitation of liability.
Sunset evaluations modified, see 26H-4 and 26H-5.
Breast density mammography results; report and notification, see 321-46.
Client-patient referrals, health care provider practices regulated, see 431:10C-308.7.
Health care peer review, see chapter 671D.
Health care professionals, see chapter 451D.
Health maintenance organization act, see chapter 432D.
Physicians, appointment as child custody evaluators, see 571-46.4.
Primary health care incentive program, see 321-1.5.
Law Journals and Reviews
Driving into the Sunset: A Proposal for Mandatory Reporting to the DMV by Physicians Treating Unsafe Elderly Drivers. 25 UH L. Rev. 59 (2002).
Medical Malpractice in Hawai i: Tort Crisis or Crisis of Medical Errors? 30 UH L. Rev. 167 (2007).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.