2015 Hawaii Revised Statutes
PART I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
TITLE 24. INSURANCE
432E. Patients' Bill of Rights and Responsibilities Act
- 432E-1 Definitions.
- 432E-1.4 Medical necessity.
- 432E-1.5 Licensure of managed care plan medical directors.
- 432E-2 Conflict with other laws.
- 432E-3 REPEALED.
- 432E-4 Enrollee participation in treatment decisions.
- 432E-5 Complaints and appeals procedure for enrollees.
- 432E-6 REPEALED.
- 432E-6.5 Expedited internal appeal, when authorized; standard for decision.
- 432E-7 Information to enrollees.
- 432E-8 Enforcement.
- 432E-9 Utilization review.
- 432E-10 Managed care plan performance measurement and data reporting standards.
- 432E-11 Accreditation of managed care plans.
- 432E-12 Rules.
- 432E-13 Annual report.
- 432E-31 Applicability and scope.
- 432E-32 Notice of right to external review.
- 432E-33 Request for external review.
- 432E-34 Standard external review.
- 432E-35 Expedited external review.
- 432E-36 External review of experimental or investigational treatment adverse determinations.
- 432E-37 Binding nature of external review decision.
- 432E-38 Approval of independent review organizations.
- 432E-39 Minimum qualifications for independent review organizations.
- 432E-40 Hold harmless for independent review organizations.
- 432E-41 External review reporting requirements.
- 432E-42 Funding of external review.
- 432E-43 Disclosure requirements.
- 432E-44 Rules.
The amendments made to this chapter by L 2011, c 230 have a transitional effective date and are subject to the insurance commissioner's emergency rulemaking authority for conformance to the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and a conditional repeal and reenactment provision. L 2011, c 230, 14, 17.
Health care provider network adequacy, see chapter 432F.
Law Journals and Reviews
Hawai i's Patients' Bill of Rights: Saving the Right to External Review. 28 UH L. Rev. 295 (2005).
As chapter 432D does not cover the field of managed care regulation and because 432D-2, 432E-1, and article 431:10A can be read together and there is no explicit language or policy reason not to give each statute effect, chapter 432D does not repeal this chapter by implication. 126 H. 326, 271 P.3d 621 (2012).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.