2015 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 24. INSURANCE
432D. Health Maintenance Organization Act
- 432D-1 Definitions.
- 432D-1.5 Bona fide trade associations.
- 432D-2 Establishment of health maintenance organizations.
- 432D-3 Powers of health maintenance organizations.
- 432D-4 Fiduciary responsibilities.
- 432D-5 Annual and quarterly reports.
- 432D-6 Information to enrollees or subscribers.
- 432D-7 Investments.
- 432D-8 Protection against insolvency.
- 432D-9 Uncovered expenditures insolvency deposit.
- 432D-9.5 Reserve credit for reinsurance.
- 432D-10 Enrollment period.
- 432D-11 Replacement coverage.
- 432D-12 Powers of insurers and hospital and medical service corporations.
- 432D-13 Examinations.
- 432D-14 Suspension, revocation, or denial of certificate of authority.
- 432D-15 Rehabilitation, liquidation, or conservation of health maintenance organizations.
- 432D-16 Summary orders and supervision.
- 432D-17 Fees
- 432D-18 Penalties and enforcement.
- 432D-18.5 REPEALED.
- 432D-19 Statutory construction and relationship to other laws.
- 432D-20 Filings and reports as public documents.
- 432D-21 Confidentiality of medical information.
- 432D-22 Acquisition of control of or merger of a health maintenance organization.
- 432D-23 Required provisions and benefits.
- 432D-23.5 Coverage for telehealth.
- 432D-23.6 Federally funded programs; exemption.
- 432D-24 Coordination of benefits.
- 432D-25 Disclosure of health care coverage and benefits.
- 432D-26 Genetic information nondiscrimination in health insurance coverage.
- 432D-27 Policies relating to domestic abuse cases.
- 432D-28 Federal law compliance.
- 432D-29 Prohibition on rescissions of coverage.
Assessments of health insurers, see 431:2-216.
Conformance to federal law, see 431:2-201.5.
Health care provider network adequacy, see chapter 432F.
Peer review, see 663-1.7.
Prescription drug benefits, see chapter 431R.
Prescription drugs; mail order opt out option, see 87A-16.3.
Attorney General Opinions
Section 431:10A-601 applied only to insurers, and not mutual benefit societies or health maintenance organizations. Att. Gen. Op. 97-5.
As this chapter does not cover the field of managed care regulation and because 432D-2, 432E-1, and article 431:10A can be read together and there is no explicit language or policy reason not to give each statute effect, this chapter does not repeal chapter 432E by implication. 126 H. 326, 271 P.3d 621 (2012).
Properly licensed HMOs, like plaintiff, were authorized pursuant to 432D-1 to "provide or arrange", at their option, for the closed panel health care services required under the managed care plan program; accident and health insurers were authorized under 431:10A-205(b) to arrange for medical services for members using a defined network of providers, i.e., particular "hospitals or persons"; thus, article 431:10A and this chapter authorized both accident and health insurers and HMOs, as risk-bearing entities, to provide the closed panel product required by the managed care plan contracts. 126 H. 326, 271 P.3d 621 (2012).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.