2015 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 24. INSURANCE
431N. State Health Insurance Program Act
431N-3 State health insurance program established.
[§431N-3] State health insurance program established. There is established within the department of health the state health insurance program whose goals shall be to:
(1) Subsidize health care coverage for gap group individuals, including but not necessarily limited to outpatient primary and preventive care;
(2) Encourage the uninsured who can afford to participate in existing health plans to seek that coverage;
(3) Discourage individuals who are already adequately insured from seeking benefits under the state health insurance program;
(4) Assure that those persons who have the ability to pay for all or part of their coverage be appropriately assessed by the contractors on a sliding fee scale basis; and
(5) Ensure that the state health insurance program is affordable to gap group individuals.
The program shall be funded by legislative appropriations made to the department of health. [L 1989, c 378, pt of §1]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.