2015 Hawaii Revised Statutes
241. Taxation of Banks and Other Financial Corporations
241-4.3 Alternative tax.

HI Rev Stat § 241-4.3 (2015) What's This?

[§241-4.3] Alternative tax. Section 1201 (with respect to alternative tax for corporations) of the Internal Revenue Code shall be operative for the purposes of this chapter and shall be applied as set forth in this section. If for any taxable year a bank, building and loan association, development company, financial corporation, financial services loan company, small business investment company, mortgage loan company, financial holding company, or trust company has a net capital gain, then, in lieu of the tax imposed by section 241-4, there is hereby imposed a tax (if such tax is less than the tax imposed under section 241-4) which shall consist of the sum of:

(1) A tax computed on the taxable income reduced by the amount of the net capital gain, at the rates and in the manner as if this section had not been enacted; plus

(2) Four per cent of the net capital gain for the taxable year. [L 1992, c 106, §9]

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.