2014 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 7. PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
87A. Hawaii Employer-Union Health Benefits Trust Fund
87A-24 Other powers.
§87A-24 Other powers. In addition to the power to administer the fund, the board may:
(1) Collect, receive, deposit, and withdraw money on behalf of the fund;
(2) Invest moneys in the same manner specified in section 88-119(1)(A), (1)(B), (1)(C), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), and (7);
(3) Hold, purchase, sell, assign, transfer, or dispose of any securities or other investments of the fund, as well as the proceeds of those investments and any money belonging to the fund;
(4) Appoint, and at pleasure dismiss, an administrator and other fund staff. The administrator and staff shall be exempt from chapter 76 and shall serve under and at the pleasure of the board;
(5) Make payments of periodic charges and pay for reasonable expenses incurred in carrying out the purposes of the fund;
(6) Contract for the performance of financial audits of the fund and claims audits of its insurance carriers;
(7) Retain auditors, actuaries, investment firms and managers, benefit plan consultants, or other professional advisors to carry out the purposes of this chapter, including the retaining of an actuary to determine the annual required public employer contribution for the separate trust fund established under section 87A-42;
(8) Establish health benefits plan and long-term care benefits plan rates that include administrative and other expenses necessary to effectuate the purposes of the fund; and
(9) Require any department, agency, or employee of the State or counties to furnish information to the board to carry out the purposes of this chapter. [L 2001, c 88, pt of §1; am L 2004, c 216, §15; am L 2013, c 268, §7]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.