2013 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 9. PUBLIC PROPERTY, PURCHASING AND CONTRACTING
107. Public Improvements
107-25 State building code; requirements.
§107-25 State building code; requirements. There is established a state building code applicable to all construction in the State of Hawaii. The state building code shall include:
(1) The latest edition of the state fire code as adopted by the state fire council;
(2) The latest edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code, as copyrighted and published by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials, including its appendices;
(3) The latest edition of the International Building Code, as published by the International Code Council;
(4) Hawaii design standards implementing the criteria pursuant to Act 5, Special Session Laws of Hawaii, 2005, as applicable to:
(A) Emergency shelters built to comply with hurricane resistant criteria, including enhanced hurricane protection areas capable of withstanding a five hundred-year hurricane event as well as other storms and natural hazards; and
(B) Essential government facilities requiring continuity of operations; and
(5) Code provisions based on nationally published codes or standards that include, but are not limited to, residential and hurricane resistive standards for residential construction, fire, elevator, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, flood and tsunami, existing buildings, and energy conservation standards for building design and construction, and onsite sewage disposal. [L 2007, c 82, pt of §2]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.