There is a newer version of the Hawaii Revised Statutes
2013 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 37. HAWAII PENAL CODE
704. Penal Responsibility and Fitness to Proceed
- 704-400 Physical or mental disease, disorder, or defect excluding penal responsibility.
- 704-401 Evidence of physical or mental disease, disorder, or defect admissible when relevant to state of mind.
- 704-402 Physical or mental disease, disorder, or defect excluding responsibility is an affirmative defense; form of verdict and judgment when finding of irresponsibility is made.
- 704-403 Physical or mental disease, disorder, or defect excluding fitness to proceed.
- 704-404 Examination of defendant with respect to physical or mental disease, disorder, or defect.
- 704-405 Determination of fitness to proceed.
- 704-406 Effect of finding of unfitness to proceed.
- 704-407 Special hearing following commitment or release on conditions
- 704-408 Determination of irresponsibility.
- 704-409 Access to defendant by examiners of defendant's choice.
- 704-410 Form of expert testimony regarding physical or mental disease, disorder, or defect.
- 704-411 Legal effect of acquittal on the ground of physical or mental disease, disorder, or defect excluding responsibility; commitment; conditional release; discharge; procedure for separate post-acquittal hearing.
- 704-412 Committed person; application for conditional release or discharge; by the director of health; by the person.
- 704-413 Conditional release; application for modification or discharge; termination of conditional release and commitment.
- 704-414 Procedure upon application for discharge, conditional release, or modification of conditions of release.
- 704-415 Disposition of application for discharge, conditional release, or modification of conditions of release.
- 704-416 Statements for purposes of examination or treatment inadmissible except on issue of physical or mental condition.
- 704-416.5 Supervision of person on conditional release.
- 704-417 Use of out-of-state institutions.
- 704-418 Immaturity excluding penal conviction; transfer of proceedings to family court.
- 704-419 REPEALED.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.