There is a newer version of the Hawaii Revised Statutes
2013 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 37. HAWAII PENAL CODE
702. General Principles of Penal Liability
- 702-200 Requirement of voluntary act or voluntary omission.
- 702-201 "Voluntary act" defined.
- 702-202 Voluntary act includes possession.
- 702-203 Penal liability based on an omission.
- 702-204 State of mind required.
- 702-205 Elements of an offense.
- 702-206 Definitions of states of mind.
- 702-207 Specified state of mind applies to all elements.
- 702-208 Substitutes for negligence, recklessness, and knowledge.
- 702-209 Conditional intent.
- 702-210 Requirement of wilfulness satisfied by acting knowingly.
- 702-211 State of mind as determinant of grade or class of a particular offense.
- 702-212 When state of mind requirements are inapplicable to violations and to crimes defined by statutes other than this Code.
- 702-213 Effect of absolute liability in reducing grade of offense to violation.
- 702-214 Causal relationship between conduct and result.
- 702-215 Intentional or knowing causation; different result from that intended or contemplated.
- 702-216 Reckless or negligent causation; different result from that within the risk.
- 702-217 Causation in offenses of absolute liability.
- 702-218 Ignorance or mistake as a defense.
- 702-219 Ignorance or mistake; reduction in grade and class of the offense.
- 702-220 Ignorance or mistake of law; belief that conduct not legally prohibited.
- 702-221 Liability for conduct of another.
- 702-222 Liability for conduct of another; complicity.
- 702-223 Liability for conduct of another; complicity with respect to the result.
- 702-224 Liability for conduct of another; exemption from complicity.
- 702-225 Liability for conduct of another; incapacity of defendant; failure to prosecute or convict or immunity of other person.
- 702-226 Liability for conduct of another; multiple convictions; different degrees.
- 702-227 Penal liability of corporations and unincorporated associations.
- 702-228 Liability of persons acting, or under a duty to act, in behalf of corporations or unincorporated associations.
- 702-229 Definitions relating to corporations and unincorporated associations.
- 702-230 Intoxication.
- 702-231 Duress.
- 702-232 Military orders.
- 702-233 Consent; general.
- 702-234 Consent to bodily injury.
- 702-235 Ineffective consent.
- 702-236 De minimis infractions.
- 702-237 Entrapment.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.