There is a newer version of the Hawaii Revised Statutes
2013 Hawaii Revised Statutes
PART I. GENERAL PROVISIONS AND DEFINITIONS
TITLE 28. PROPERTY
521. Residential Landlord-Tenant Code
- 521-1 Short title.
- 521-2 Purposes; rules of construction.
- 521-3 Supplementary general principles of law, other laws, applicable.
- 521-4 Construction against implicit repeal.
- 521-5 Severability.
- 521-6 Territorial application.
- 521-7 Exclusions from application of chapter.
- 521-8 Definitions.
- 521-9 Notice, notification, knowledge, etc.
- 521-10 Duties; obligation of good faith.
- 521-11 Time; reasonable time.
AGREEMENTS AND PRACTICES
- 521-31 Waiver; agreement to forego rights; settlement of claims.
- 521-32 Separation of rents and obligations to property forbidden.
- 521-33 Landlord's waiver of liability prohibited.
- 521-34 Authorization to confess judgment prohibited.
- 521-35 Attorney's fees.
- 521-36 Effect of termination.
- 521-37 Subleases and assignments.
- 521-38 Tenants subject to rental agreement; notice of conversions.
- 521-41 Landlord to supply possession of dwelling unit.
- 521-42 Landlord to supply and maintain fit premises.
- 521-43 Rental agreement, disclosure.
- 521-44 Security deposits.
- 521-45 Limitation of landlord and management liability.
- 521-51 Tenant to maintain dwelling unit.
- 521-52 Tenant to use properly.
- 521-53 Access.
- 521-54 Tenant to use and occupy.
- 521-55 Tenant's responsibility to inform landlord.
- 521-56 Disposition of tenant's abandoned possessions.
- 521-61 Tenant's remedies for failure by landlord to supply possession.
- 521-62 Tenant's remedy of termination at beginning of term.
- 521-63 Tenant's remedy of termination at any time; unlawful removal or exclusion.
- 521-64 Tenant's remedy of repair and deduction for minor defects.
- 521-65 Tenant's remedies for fire or casualty damage.
- 521-66 Tenant's right to refund of rent, etc., on termination; return of security deposit.
- 521-67 Tenant's remedy for failure by landlord to disclose.
- 521-68 Landlord's remedies for failure by tenant to pay rent.
- 521-69 Landlord's remedies for tenant's waste, failure to maintain, or unlawful use.
- 521-69.5 REPEALED.
- 521-70 Landlord's remedies for absence, misuse, abandonment and failure to honor tenancy before occupancy.
- 521-71 Termination of tenancy; landlord's remedies for holdover tenants.
- 521-72 Landlord's remedies for improper use.
- 521-73 Landlord's and tenant's remedies for abuse of access.
- 521-74 Retaliatory evictions and rent increases prohibited.
- 521-74.5 Recovery of possession limited.
- 521-75 Unconscionability.
- 521-76 REPEALED.
- 521-77 Investigation and resolution of complaints by the office of consumer protection.
- 521-78 Rent trust fund.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.