2013 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 23A. OTHER BUSINESS ENTITIES
428. Uniform Limited Liability Company Act
428-1003 Activities not constituting transacting business.
§428-1003 Activities not constituting transacting business. (a) The activities of a foreign limited liability company that do not constitute transacting business in this State within the meaning of this part include:
(1) Maintaining, defending, or settling an action or proceeding;
(2) Holding meetings of its members or managers or carrying on any other activity concerning its internal affairs;
(3) Maintaining bank accounts;
(4) Maintaining offices or agencies for the transfer, exchange, and registration of the foreign limited liability company's own securities or maintaining trustees or depositories with respect to those securities;
(5) Selling through independent contractors;
(6) Soliciting or obtaining orders, whether by mail or through employees or agents or otherwise, if the orders require acceptance outside this State before they become contracts;
(7) Creating or acquiring indebtedness, mortgages, or security interests in real or personal property;
(8) Securing or collecting debts or enforcing mortgages or other security interests in property securing the debts, and holding, protecting, and maintaining property so acquired;
(9) Conducting an isolated transaction that is completed within thirty days and is not one in the course of similar transactions of a like manner; or
(10) Transacting business in interstate commerce.
(b) For purposes of this part, the ownership in this State of income-producing real property or tangible personal property, other than property excluded under subsection (a), constitutes transacting business in this State.
(c) This section does not apply in determining the contacts or activities that may subject a foreign limited liability company to service of process, taxation, or regulation under any other law of this State. [L 1996, c 92, pt of §1]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.