2013 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 20. SOCIAL SERVICES
346C. Long-Term Care Financing Program
346C-4 Fiduciary and other obligations of the board of trustees.
§346C-4 Fiduciary and other obligations of the board of trustees. (a) The board of trustees shall:
(1) Have and maintain a fiduciary obligation for the program;
(2) Discharge their duties solely in the best interest of the program;
(3) Not knowingly participate in or undertake to conceal an act or omission of a trustee, when the act or omission is known to be a breach of fiduciary responsibility; or fail to discharge specific fiduciary responsibilities in a manner that enables another trustee to commit a breach; or having knowledge of a breach, fail to take whatever action that is reasonable and appropriate under the circumstances to remedy the breach;
(4) Act with the care, skill, prudence, and diligence under the circumstances then prevailing, that a prudent trustee, acting in a like capacity and familiar with similar matters would use in conducting an enterprise of similar character and purpose; and
(5) Maintain proper books of accounts and records of the administration of the program.
(b) The board of trustees may contract with a qualified entity to administer the program or to process claims for benefit payments, or both; provided that the entity shall be appropriately licensed under chapter 431. Selection of the entity shall be subject to chapter 103D; provided that the insurance commissioner shall advise the board of trustees in selection of the entity.
(c) In lieu of subsection (b), the board of trustees may contract with a qualified entity to assume the risk of underwriting loss under the program at a capitated rate of payment to the entity. The entity shall be appropriately licensed under chapter 431 and adequately capitalized. Selection of the entity shall be subject to chapter 103D; provided that the state insurance commissioner shall advise the board of trustees in the selection of the entity. An entity selected under this subsection shall perform the functions under subsection (b), in addition to assuming the risk. [L 2002, c 245, pt of §2]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.