2013 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 17. MOTOR AND OTHER VEHICLES
289. Used Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories
289-6 Records to be kept.
§289-6 Records to be kept. Every licensee shall keep a record, and maintain it for three years, in the form the director of finance prescribes, of the purchases, consignments, sales, and exchanges, moneys, commissions, or any other thing of value paid or agreed to be paid to any person for each wrecked, salvaged, or rebuilt motor vehicle, used motor vehicle part or accessory purchased, sold, consigned to be sold, or exchanged, and the records shall be at all times open to the inspection of the director of finance, or the director of finance's authorized representative, or any police officer. The records shall contain:
(1) The name, address, and driver's license number of all persons from whom any wrecked, salvaged, or rebuilt motor vehicle, or used motor vehicle part or accessory is purchased or received, the date of their receipt or acquisition, and the consideration given;
(2) The name and address of any person to whom any wrecked, salvaged, or rebuilt motor vehicle, or used motor vehicle part or accessory is sold, consigned to be sold, or otherwise exchanged, the consideration received therefor, and its date of disposition;
(3) The name and address of any person who has received any money, commissions, or anything of value, or to whom the same is due and owing, in connection with the sale or purchase of any such motor vehicle, or used motor vehicle part or accessory; and
(4) A description of every such motor vehicle, used motor vehicle part, or accessory, including the identifying number or numbers for each such motor vehicle or used motor vehicle part or accessory. [L 1967, c 277, §7; HRS §289-6; gen ch 1985]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.