2013 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 15. TRANSPORTATION AND UTILITIES
261E. Hawaii Air Carriers
261E-7 Investigative powers.
§261E-7 Investigative powers. (a) The air carrier commission shall have the power to examine the condition of each Hawaii air carrier and, to the extent determined by the commission to be necessary to effectuate the purposes of this chapter, any related companies, including:
(1) The manner in which carriers are operated with reference to the accommodation of the public;
(2) The fares and rates charged by carriers;
(3) The value of the physical property of carriers;
(4) The issuance of stocks and bonds, and the disposition of the proceeds thereof, by carriers;
(5) The amount and disposition of the income and all financial transactions, of carriers;
(6) The business relations of carriers with other persons, companies, or corporations;
(7) The compliance of carriers with all applicable state and federal laws and with the provisions of their franchise, charter, and articles of association, if any;
(8) The classifications, rules, regulations, practices, and service of carriers; and
(9) All matters of every nature affecting the relations and transactions between carriers and the public, persons, or corporations.
(b) Any investigation may be made by the commission on its own motion or a sworn written complaint that the commission determines sets forth any prima facie cause of complaint.
(c) A related company shall be deemed to have consented to examination and investigation pursuant to this section by entering into or maintaining a control relationship with a Hawaii air carrier. [L Sp 2008, c 1, pt of §2]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.