2011 Hawaii Code
580. Annulment, Divorce, and Separation
§580-76 Revocation or modification of separation decrees.

HI Rev Stat § 580-76 (2011 through Reg Sess) What's This?

§580-76 Revocation or modification of separation decrees. Where a decree of separation from bed and board has been entered, it may be revoked at any time thereafter, under such regulations and restrictions as the court may impose, upon the joint application of the parties, and upon their producing satisfactory evidence of their reconciliation. The court may also, for good cause shown from time to time, increase or decrease the period of separation decreed, provided that the maximum period of separation does not exceed two years from the effective date of the original decree of separation. [CC 1859, §1340; am L 1903, c 22, §2; RL 1925, §2991; RL 1935, §4488; am L Sp 1941, c 93, §2; RL 1945, §12240; RL 1955, §324-65; am L 1965, c 52, §5; HRS §580-76; am L 1973, c 211, §5(v)]

Case Notes

Cited: 27 H. 230, 233; 38 H. 394, 400; 42 H. 279, 284.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.