2011 Hawaii Code
DIVISION 1. GOVERNMENT
TITLE 8. PUBLIC PROCEEDINGS AND RECORDS
96. The Ombudsman
§96-1 Definitions. (a) "Agency" includes any permanent governmental entity, department, organization, or institution, and any officer, employee, or member thereof acting or purporting to act in the exercise of the officer's, employee's, or member's official duties, except:
(1) The judiciary and its staff;
(2) The legislature, its committees, and its staff;
(3) An entity of the federal government;
(4) A multistate governmental entity;
(5) The governor and the governor's personal staff;
(6) The lieutenant governor and the lieutenant governor's personal staff;
(7) The mayors of the various counties; and
(8) The councils of the various counties.
(b) "Administrative act" includes any action, omission, decision, recommendation, practice, or procedure, but does not include the preparation or presentation of legislation. [L 1967, c 306, §2; HRS §96-1; am L 1974, c 46, §1; gen ch 1985]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.