2011 Hawaii Code
DIVISION 1. GOVERNMENT
TITLE 13. PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
213. Research and Development Industry Promotion Program
§213-1 Research and development industry promotion program and objectives.
§213-1 Research and development industry promotion program and objectives. There shall be in the department of business, economic development, and tourism a program known as the research and development industry promotion program to be placed under the supervision of the director of the department and to work toward the achievement of the following objectives:
(1) The encouragement by direct contact and otherwise, of research and development and science-related industrial firms to locate and conduct operations in Hawaii.
(2) The encouragement of federal and other agencies to support research and development activities in Hawaii.
(3) The preparation and dissemination of scientific and technological information to be used to attract research and development industry and scientific projects to Hawaii.
(4) The promotion of conferences, symposia, seminars, and institutes in research and development and science and technology areas.
(5) The preparation and dissemination of information on the State's resources to assure fuller participation in national research and development and science-related programs.
(6) The provision of staff support to the governor's committee on science and technology and other appropriate official bodies that may be engaged in science-related programs.
In the accomplishment of the foregoing objectives, personnel engaged in the research and development industry promotion program shall cooperate with such state offices as may be established to coordinate federal-state relations. [L 1965, c 210, §2; Supp, §98V-2; HRS §213-1; am L 1987, c 336, §7; am L 1990, c 293, §8]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.