2011 Hawaii Code
DIVISION 1. GOVERNMENT
TITLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
6K. Kaho olawe Island Reserve
§6K-5 Commission. (a) There is established the Kaho olawe island reserve commission to be placed within the department of land and natural resources for administrative purposes as provided in section 26-35. The commission shall consist of seven members to be appointed in the manner and to serve for the terms provided in section 26-34; provided that:
(1) One member shall be a member of the Protect Kaho olawe Ohana;
(2) Two members shall be appointed by the governor from a list provided by the Protect Kaho olawe Ohana;
(3) One member shall be a trustee or representative of the office of Hawaiian affairs;
(4) One member shall be a county official appointed by the governor from a list provided by the mayor of the county of Maui;
(5) One member shall be the chairperson of the board of land and natural resources; and
(6) One member shall be appointed by the governor from a list provided by native Hawaiian organizations.
(b) The governor shall appoint the chairperson from among the members of the commission.
(c) The members of the commission shall serve without pay but shall be reimbursed for their actual and necessary expenses, including travel expenses, incurred in carrying out their duties.
(d) Any action taken by the commission shall be approved by a simple majority of its members. Four members shall constitute a quorum to do business.
(e) The commission, without regard to the requirements of chapter 76, may hire employees necessary to perform its duties. [L 1993, c 340, pt of §2; am L 1994, c 161, §4; am L 2000, c 253, §150]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.