2010 Hawaii Code
DIVISION 2. BUSINESS
TITLE 23A. OTHER BUSINESS ENTITIES
428. Uniform Limited Liability Company Act
§428-807 Known claims against dissolved limited liability company.
§428-807 Known claims against dissolved limited liability company. (a) A dissolved limited liability company may dispose of the known claims against it by following the procedure described in this section.
(b) A dissolved limited liability company shall notify its known claimants in writing of the intent to terminate. The notice shall:
(1) Specify the information required to be included in a claim;
(2) Provide a mailing address where the claim is to be sent;
(3) State the deadline for receipt of the claim, which may not be less than one hundred twenty days after the date the written notice is received by the claimant; and
(4) State that the claim will be barred if not received by the deadline.
(c) A claim against a dissolved limited liability company is barred if the requirements of subsection (b) are met, and:
(1) The claim is not received by the specified deadline; or
(2) In the case of a claim that is timely received but rejected by the dissolved company, the claimant does not commence a proceeding to enforce the claim within ninety days after the receipt of the notice of the rejection.
(d) For purposes of this section, "claim" does not include a contingent liability or a claim based on an event occurring after the effective date of dissolution. [L 1996, c 92, pt of §1; am L 2000, c 219, §75]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.