2009 Hawaii Code
Volume 05
§281-108 - Search warrants; seizure.

     §281-108  Search warrants; seizure.  If any person makes complaint, supported by oath, before any district or circuit judge, setting forth facts sufficient to show probable cause that any liquor is being manufactured or kept or deposited for sale or distribution contrary to law within the judge's jurisdiction in any house, premises, or place, or that any such liquor is lodged or contained in any vehicle for transportation by land, water, or air, the judge shall issue a warrant, directed to any sheriff, chief of police, police officer, or investigator, commanding the sheriff, chief of police, police officer, or investigator to search the premises, place, or vehicle described in the complaint.  If any intoxicating liquor is found therein under circumstances warranting the belief of the officer that it is being manufactured or is intended for sale or distribution contrary to law, the officer acting under the warrant shall seize and convey the liquor and any land vehicle in which the same is found to some place of security and keep the same until final action is had thereon.  When, in case of any entry, it is found that liquor is there being manufactured contrary to this chapter the officer may likewise seize and convey the same to some place of security and keep it until final action is had thereon. [L Sp 1933, c 40, §67; RL 1935, §2635; RL 1945, §7287; RL 1955, §159-105; HRS §281-108; am L 1970, c 188, §39; gen ch 1985; am L 1989, c 211, §10; am L 1990, c 171, §35 and c 281, §11]


Revision Note


  "District or circuit judge" substituted for "magistrate or judge" and further reference to "magistrate" deleted pursuant to L 1970, c 188.


Cross References


  Arrests, search warrants, see chapter 803.


Rules of Court


  Search warrants, see HRPP rule 41.


Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.