2009 Hawaii Code
TITLE 16 - INTOXICATING LIQUOR
CHAPTER 281 - INTOXICATING LIQUOR
§281-53.5 - County liquor commissions; criminal history record check.
[§281-53.5] County liquor commissions; criminal history record check. (a) The respective county liquor commissions may request a criminal history record check of an applicant for a liquor license in accordance with section 846-2.7. The criminal history record check, at a minimum, shall require the applicant to disclose whether:
(1) The applicant has been convicted in any jurisdiction of a crime that would tend to indicate the applicant may be unsuited for obtaining a liquor license; and
(2) The judgment of conviction has not been vacated.
For the purpose of this section, the criminal history disclosure made by the applicant may be verified by the liquor commission by means of information obtained through the Hawaii criminal justice data center. The applicant shall provide the Hawaii criminal justice data center with personal identifying information which shall include but not be limited to the applicant's name, social security number, date of birth, and gender. This information shall be secured only for the purpose of conducting the criminal history record check authorized by this section.
(b) The applicant shall submit to the liquor commission:
(1) A statement signed under penalty of law as to whether the applicant has ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation;
(2) Written consent to request and obtain criminal history record information for verification; and
(3) Permission to be fingerprinted.
(c) The liquor commission shall obtain criminal history record information through the Hawaii criminal justice data center on the applicant. The information obtained shall be used exclusively for the stated purpose for which it was obtained and shall be subject to applicable federal laws and regulations currently or hereafter in effect. [L 2003, c 95, §3]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.