2022 Georgia Code
Title 46 - Public Utilities and Public Transportation
Chapter 8 - Railroad Companies
Article 3 - Incorporation and Consolidation of Railroad Companies and Requirements as to Directors and Officers
Part 2 - Consolidation, Merger, Surrender of Franchise, and Dissolution of Companies
§ 46-8-73. Contents of Petition for Dissolution; Certification Resolution Recommending Dissolution; Attachment of Resolution to Petition; Verification of Petition; Fee for Filing Petition
- The petition for dissolution shall include:
- The name of the corporation;
- The date upon which its charter was granted;
- A statement that it no longer is possessed of any franchises to operate in this or any other state;
- A statement that all of its debts, liabilities, and obligations have been satisfied or that such debts, liabilities, and obligations have been assumed by the transferee of its property, rights, and franchises; and
- A statement that the transfer or surrender of its franchises has been completed in accordance with an order of the Public Service Commission.
- A copy of the stockholders’ resolution recommending dissolution shall be certified by the secretary of the corporation and attached to the petition. The petition shall be verified by the president and the treasurer of the corporation.
- On filing the petition, the corporation shall pay to the Secretary of State a fee of $100.00 to be deposited by him into the general fund of the state treasury.
History. Ga. L. 1953, Nov.-Dec. Sess., p. 213, § 3; Ga. L. 1982, p. 3, § 46.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.