2022 Georgia Code
Title 44 - Property
Chapter 10 - Historic Preservation
Article 1 - Uniform Conservation Easements
§ 44-10-5. Validity of Easement
A conservation easement is valid even though:
- It is not appurtenant to an interest in real property;
- It can be or has been assigned to another holder;
- It is not of a character that has been recognized traditionally at common law;
- It imposes a negative burden;
- It imposes affirmative obligations upon the owner of an interest in the burdened property or upon the holder;
- The benefit does not touch or concern real property; or
- There is no privity of estate or of contract.
History. Code 1981, § 44-10-5 , enacted by Ga. L. 1992, p. 2227, § 1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.