Go to previous versions of this Section
2021 Georgia Code
Title 53 - Wills, Trusts, and Administration of Estates
Chapter 6 - Administrators and Personal Representatives
Article 2 - Appointment
§ 53-6-10. Nomination by Testator
Universal Citation: GA Code § 53-6-10 (2021)
- No formal words are necessary for the nomination of an executor. An expression by the testator of a desire that the person carry into effect the testator's wishes shall amount to a nomination as executor.
- Unless adjudged unfit, nominated executors shall have the right to qualify in the order set out in the will.
- An individual who has not reached the age of majority may be nominated as an executor but may not qualify until reaching the age of majority.
- If the will names a person to fill a vacancy in the office of executor or provides a method of selecting a personal representative to fill the vacancy, any vacancy shall be filled or selection made as provided in the will.
(Code 1981, §53-6-10, enacted by Ga. L. 1996, p. 504, § 10.)Cross references.
- Administration of ward's estate by guardian, §§ 29-2-23,29-2-24,29-2-42 et seq.
Age of majority, § 39-1-1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.