2021 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 2 - Registration and Licensing of Motor Vehicles
Article 7 - Motor Vehicle License Fees and Classes
§ 40-2-162. Apportionment of Cost of Annual License Fees of Motor Buses to Motor Common Carriers of Passengers for Hire Operating Partially Outside State; Formula; Rules
- The commissioner shall apportion the cost of the annual fees for the licensing of motor buses to motor common carriers of passengers for hire operating a fleet of two or more motor buses either interstate, or both interstate and intrastate, under the authority of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the Department of Public Safety of this state. The apportionment shall be done so that the total cost of the fees shall bear the same proportion to the annual fees for motor buses as the total number of miles traveled by the fleet of the carrier in this state in both interstate and intrastate operations during the preceding year bears to the total number of miles traveled by the fleet during the year in both interstate and intrastate operations.
- The commissioner shall promulgate rules for the apportionment required by this Code section. The rules shall provide that the apportionment apply as nearly as practicable to each class of vehicle operated by the motor common carrier of passengers for hire.
(Ga. L. 1957, p. 653, § 1; Code 1933, § 91A-5312, enacted by Ga. L. 1978, p. 309, § 2; Code 1981, §48-10-12; Code 1981, §40-2-162, as redesignated by Ga. L. 2002, p. 1074, § 1; Ga. L. 2012, p. 580, § 9/HB 865.)Editor's notes.
- Ga. L. 2002, p. 1074, § 8, not codified by the General Assembly, provides: "This Act shall not abate any prosecution, punishment, penalty, administrative proceedings or remedies, or civil action related to any violation of law committed prior to the effective date of this Act." This act became effective July 1, 2002.
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 7A Am. Jur. 2d, Automobiles and Highway Traffic, §§ 62 et seq., 85.C.J.S.
- 60 C.J.S., Motor Vehicles, § 309.ALR.
- When granting or refusing certificate of necessity or convenience for operation of motorbuses justified, 67 A.L.R. 957.