There is a newer version of this Chapter
2021 Georgia Code
Title 20 - Education
Chapter 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education
Repealed by Ga. L. 1985, p. 1657, § 4, effective July 1, 1986. Editor's notes. - This article, effective July 1, 1985, which consisted of former Code Sections 20-2-320 through 20-2-329, 20-2-329.1, and 20-2-329.2, was based on Ga. L. 1985, p. 1657, § 3.
- Article 1 - State Board of Education
- Article 2 - State School Superintendent
- Article 3 - Local Boards of Education
- Article 4 - Increased Flexibility for Local School Systems
- Article 4A - Community Involvement in Education
- Article 5 - Local School Superintendents
- Article 6 - Quality Basic Education
- Article 6.1 - Implementation of Educational Programs
- Article 7 - Additional State Aid
- Article 8 - Consolidation of Independent and County School Systems
- Article 9 - Local Public School Finances
- Article 10 - Contracts and Purchases by Public Schools
- Article 11 - Public School Property and Facilities
- Article 12 - Leasing Public School Property for Private Purposes
- Article 13 - Suspending and Reopening Local School Systems
- Article 14 - Education Grants
- Article 15 - Student Data Privacy, Accessibility, and Transparency
- Article 16 - Students
- Article 17 - Teachers and Other School Personnel
- Article 18 - Liability Insurance for State and Local School Officials and Employees
- Article 18A - Liability of Educators for Disciplining Students
- Article 19 - Instructional Materials and Content
- Article 19A - American History Recognition and Significant Documents
- Article 20 - Education Partnership Act of 1990
- Article 21 - Brief Period of Quiet Reflection
- Article 22 - School Buses
- Article 23 - Traffic Safety
- Article 24 - Elimination of Adult Illiteracy
- Article 25 - School Law Tribunals; Appeals
- Article 26 - Obtaining School Meals by False Information
- Article 27 - Loitering at or Disrupting Schools
- Article 28 - Sick Leave for Food Service Personnel
- Article 29 - Interlocal Risk Management Agency
- Article 30 - "Multiracial" Classification
- Article 31 - Charter Schools Act of 1998
- Article 31A - State Charter Schools
- Article 31B - Charter School Capital Finance
- Article 32 - High School Athletics Overview Committee
- Article 33 - Scholarship Program for Special Needs Students
- Article 34 - Intradistrict Transfers
- Article 35 - Education of Military Dependents
- Property taxation for school purposes generally, § 48-5-400 et seq.
Duty of Department of Audits and Accounts to audit books and accounts of school systems, § 50-6-6.Law reviews.
- For note on 1991 amendments to this chapter, see 8 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 66 (1992).
- Absence from or inability to attend school or college as affecting liability for or right to recover payments for tuition or board, 20 A.L.R.4th 303.
Circumstances warranting judicial determination or declaration of unitary status with regard to schools operating under court-ordered or court-supervised desegregation plans and the effect of such declarations, 94 A.L.R. Fed. 667.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.