2021 Georgia Code
Title 20 - Education
Chapter 16 - Georgia Higher Education Facilities Authority
§ 20-16-7. Provisions of Agreements or Instruments; Use of Bond Proceeds; Subsequent Bond Issues; Issuance of Bond Anticipation Notes
- Subject to the limitations and procedures provided by this Code section and by Code Section 20-16-6, the agreements or instruments executed by the authority may contain such provisions not inconsistent with law as shall be determined by the members of the authority.
- The proceeds derived from the sale of all bonds issued by the authority shall be held and used for the ultimate purpose of paying, directly or indirectly as permitted in this chapter, all or part of the cost of any project, or for the purpose of refunding any bonds or bond anticipation notes issued in accordance with this chapter.
- Issuance by the authority of one or more series of bonds or bond anticipation notes for one or more projects shall not preclude it from issuing other bonds in connection with the same project or with any other projects; but the proceeding wherein any subsequent bonds are issued shall recognize and protect any prior loan agreement, mortgage, deed to secure debt, trust deed, security agreement, or other agreement or instrument made for any prior issue of bonds, unless in the resolution authorizing such prior issue the right is expressly reserved to the authority to issue subsequent bonds on a parity with such prior issue.
- The authority shall have the power and is authorized, whenever bonds of the authority shall have been validated as provided in this chapter, to issue from time to time its notes in anticipation of such bonds as validated and to renew from time to time any such notes by the issuance of new notes, whether or not the notes to be renewed have matured. The authority may issue such bond anticipation notes only to provide funds which would otherwise be provided by the issuance of the bonds as validated. Such notes may be authorized, sold, executed, and delivered in the same manner as bonds. As with its bonds, the authority may sell such notes at public sale or at private sale. Any resolution or resolutions authorizing notes of the authority or any issue thereof may contain any provisions which the authority is authorized to include in any resolution or resolutions authorizing bonds of the authority or any issue thereof; and the authority may include in any notes any terms, covenants, or conditions which the authority is authorized to include in any bonds. Validation of such bonds shall be a condition precedent to the issuance of such notes, but it shall not be required that such notes be judicially validated. Bond anticipation notes shall not be issued in an amount exceeding the par value of the bonds in anticipation of which they are to be issued.
(Code 1981, §20-16-7, enacted by Ga. L. 2006, p. 783, § 1/SB 562.)Code Commission notes.
- Pursuant to Code Section 28-9-5, in 2006, "authority or any issue thereof" was substituted for "authority of any issue thereof" in the fifth sentence of subsection (d).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.