2021 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 9 - Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act
- Article 1 - General Provisions
- Article 2 - Formation, Amendment, Cancellation, Merger
- Article 3 - Limited Partners
- Article 4 - General Partners
- Article 5 - Finance
- Article 6 - Distributions and Withdrawal
- Article 7 - Partnership Interests
- Article 8 - Dissolution
- Article 9 - Foreign Limited Partnerships
- Article 10 - Derivative Actions
- Article 11 - Administration
- Article 12 - Applicability
- Limited partnerships existing before July 1, 1988, not electing to adopt the provisions of this chapter, § 14-9A-1 et seq.Editor's notes.
- Ga. L. 1988, p. 1016, effective April 15, 1988, redesignated former Chapter 9 of Title 14 as Chapter 9A of that title and former Code sections 14-9-1 through 14-9-130 as Code sections 14-9A-1 through 14-9A-130, respectively.Administrative Rules and Regulations.
- Rules of General Applicability, Official Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia, Office of Secretary of State, Limited Partnerships, Chapter 590-7-10.
Limited Partnership - Corporation Information Center, Official Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia, Office of Secretary of State, Limited Partnerships, Chapter 590-7-14.Law reviews.
- For article, "The New Georgia Limited Partnership Act," see 24 Ga. St. B. J. 168 (1988). For article, "An Applied Theory of Limited Partnership," see 37 Emory L.J. 835 (1988). For annual survey of law of business associations, see 43 Mercer L. Rev. 85 (1991). For annual survey article on business associations, see 45 Mercer L. Rev. 53 (1993). For survey article discussing developments in law of business associations for the period from June 1, 1999 through May 31, 2000, see 52 Mercer L. Rev. 95 (2000). For article, "Choice of Entity With Emphasis on Estate Planning," see 6 Ga. St. B. J. 26 (2000). For article, "2006 Amendments to Georgia's Corporate Code and Alternative Entity Statutes," see 12 Ga. St. B. J. 12 (2007). For annual survey on business associations, see 65 Mercer L. Rev. 55 (2013). For note on 1995 amendments of sections in this chapter, see 12 Ga. St. U. L. Rev. 65 (1995). For note on 1999 amendments and enactments of sections in this chapter, see 16 Ga. St. U. L. Rev. 27 (1999).COMMENT
CODE REVISION COMMISSION NOTE ON COMMENTS The comments appearing in this chapter have been prepared under the supervision of the Joint Committee on Partnership Law of the Real Property and Corporate and Banking Law Sections of the State Bar of Georgia and are included in the Official Code of Georgia Annotated at the request of these committees. Neither the General Assembly of Georgia nor the Code Revision Commission of the State of Georgia has participated in the drafting of these comments or has reviewed the comments for their content. The comments should not be considered to constitute a statement of legislative intention by the General Assembly of Georgia nor do they have the force of statutory law.
NOTES AS TO COMMENTS The comments in Chapter 9 of Title 14 were prepared for the Joint Committee on Partnership Law of the Real Property and Corporate and Banking Law Sections of the State Bar of Georgia by Larry E. Ribstein, Professor of Law, George Mason University School of Law. Professor Ribstein was Reporter to the Joint Committee.
References in the comments to "Section 14-9-" are to the Georgia Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act. References in the comments to "Section 14-8- " are to the Uniform Partnership Act. References in the comments to "Section 14-9A-" are to provisions of the Uniform Limited Partnership Act formerly codified in Chapter 9 of Title 14, which now applies only to domestic limited partnerships formed prior to July 1, 1988 (see Section 14-9-1201). References in the comments to "Section 14-2-" are to the Georgia Business Corporation Code in effect until July 1, 1989.
References in the comments to the "Official RULPA" or "official version" are to the official version of the correspondingly numbered section of the Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act, approved by the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws in 1976 and amended in 1985, as set forth, together with the Commissioners' comments, in Volume 6, Uniform Laws Annotated, page 366 (West Supp. 1988).
References in the comments to Rules of the Secretary of State are to the Rules of Office of Secretary of State, Limited Partnerships, effective July 1, 1988.