Go to previous versions of this Section
2021 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 3 - Nonprofit Corporations
Article 8 - Directors and Officers
Part 2 - Meetings and Action of the Board
§ 14-3-821. Action Taken Without Meeting
Universal Citation: GA Code § 14-3-821 (2021)
- Unless the articles or bylaws provide otherwise, action required or permitted by this chapter to be taken at a board of directors' meeting may be taken without a meeting if the action is taken in accordance with subsection (b) of this Code section.
- Action taken without a meeting shall be taken by all members of the board, unless the articles or bylaws specifically permit such action to be taken by less than all, but not less than a majority of the board. The action must be evidenced by one or more consents in writing or by electronic transmission describing the action taken, signed by no fewer than the required number of directors, and delivered to the corporation for inclusion in the minutes for filing with the corporate records reflecting the action taken. Such filing shall be in paper form if the minutes are maintained in paper form and shall be in electronic form if the minutes are maintained in electronic form.
- Action taken under this Code section is effective when the last director signs the consent, unless the consent specifies a different effective date.
- A consent signed and delivered by a director under this Code section has the effect of a meeting vote and may be described as such in any document.
(Code 1981, §14-3-821, enacted by Ga. L. 1991, p. 465, § 1; Ga. L. 2004, p. 508, § 40.)Code Commission notes.
- Pursuant to Code Section 28-9-5, in 1991, "section" was substituted for "Section" at the end of subsection (a).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.