2020 Georgia Code
Title 9 - Civil Practice
Chapter 3 - Limitations of Actions
Article 3 - Limitations on Recovery for Deficiencies Connected With Improvements to Realty and Resulting Injuries
§ 9-3-50. Definitions
As used in this article, the term:
- "Person" means an individual, corporation, partnership, business trust, unincorporated organization, association, or joint-stock company.
- "Substantial completion" means the date when construction was sufficiently completed, in accordance with the contract as modified by any change order agreed to by the parties, so that the owner could occupy the project for the use for which it was intended.
(Ga. L. 1968, p. 127, §§ 5, 6.)
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 13 Am. Jur. 2d, Building and Construction Contracts, § 115 et seq. 51 Am. Jur. 2d, Limitation of Actions, § 75.C.J.S.
- 17B C.J.S., Contracts, § 589.ALR.
- What constitutes "improvement to real property" for purposes of statute of repose or statute of limitations, 122 A.L.R.5th 1.