2020 Georgia Code
Title 9 - Civil Practice
Chapter 15 - Court and Litigation Costs
- § 9-15-1. Which Party Liable for Costs
- § 9-15-2. Affidavit of Indigence; Procedure When Filing Party Not Represented by Counsel
- § 9-15-3. When Costs May Be Demanded
- § 9-15-4. Deposit Prior to Filing by Clerk; Exception if Affidavit of Indigence Filed; Repayment of Excess; Exemptions
- § 9-15-5. Deposit by Nonresident Plaintiff; Additional Deposit; Refund of Excess
- § 9-15-6. Liability of Attorney of Nonresident Plaintiff for Costs; Prior Payment of Costs in Action Brought by Nonresident Attorney and Plaintiff
- § 9-15-7. Liability of Attorney Guilty of Willful Neglect or Misconduct for Costs
- § 9-15-8. Liability for Costs of Witnesses of Adverse Party
- § 9-15-9. Costs When Recovery on Contract Is Less Than $50.00
- § 9-15-10. Costs in Personal Actions When Damages Are Less Than $10.00
- § 9-15-11. Inclusion of Costs in Judgment; Itemization and Endorsement on Execution
- § 9-15-12. Liability of Plaintiff and Attorney for Costs When Execution Returned Unsatisfied
- § 9-15-13. Judgment and Execution Against Attorney for Costs
- § 9-15-14. Litigation Costs and Attorney's Fees Assessed for Frivolous Actions and Defenses
- § 9-15-15. Attorney's Fees and Expenses Assessed in Civil Actions Brought Against Judicial Officers
- Costs, Rules of the Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, Rule 11.
Costs, Rules of the Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia, Rule 17.Law reviews.
- For article, "Legal Analytics, Social Science and Legal Fees: Remaining â€˜Legal Spend' Decisions in an Evolving Industry," see 35 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 1269 (2019).
- Right to costs as between attorney and client, 22 A.L.R. 1203.
Attorney's personal liability for expenses incurred in relation to services for client, 66 A.L.R.4th 256.
Validity of law or rule requiring state court party who requests jury trial in civil case to pay costs associated with jury, 68 A.L.R.4th 343.
Recovery of attorneys' fees and costs of litigation incurred as result of breach of agreement not to sue, 9 A.L.R.5th 933.