2020 Georgia Code
Title 9 - Civil Practice
Chapter 12 - Verdict and Judgment
Article 5 - Uniform Foreign-Country Money Judgments Recognition Act
- § 9-12-110. Short Title
- § 9-12-111. Definitions
- § 9-12-112. Applicability; Burden of Proof
- § 9-12-113. Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign-Country Judgments
- § 9-12-114. Recognition of Personal Jurisdiction
- § 9-12-115. Procedure for Recognition
- § 9-12-116. Effect of Recognition of Foreign-Country Judgments
- § 9-12-117. Stay Pending Appeal
- § 9-12-118. Uniform Construction
- § 9-12-119. Situations Not Covered by Article
- Time limitation on bringing of actions upon judgments obtained outside state, § 9-3-20.JUDICIAL DECISIONS
Statute does not apply to the judgments of other states of the United States. Trammell v. Burke, Inc., 154 Ga. App. 366, 268 S.E.2d 417 (1980).
Payment is a complete defense to enforcement of a foreign judgment entitled to full faith and credit and domestication in this state and the defendant may plead partial satisfaction or any other affirmative defense to the enforcement sought in an action on the domesticable judgment. Sun First Nat'l Bank v. Gainesville 75, Ltd., 155 Ga. App. 70, 270 S.E.2d 293 (1980).
- 50 C.J.S., Judgments, § 1273 et seq.ALR.
- Foreign judgment based upon or which fails to give effect to a judgment previously rendered at the forum or in a third jurisdiction, 44 A.L.R. 457; 53 A.L.R. 1146.
Conclusiveness as to merits of judgment of courts of foreign country, 46 A.L.R. 439; 148 A.L.R. 991.
Injunction against enforcement of judgment rendered in foreign country or other state, 64 A.L.R. 1136.
Interlocutory judgment or decree in one state as bar to an action in another state, 84 A.L.R. 721.
Recognition and enforcement, upon principles of comity, of decree or part of decree for alimony, rendered in another state, which is not within full faith and credit provision, 132 A.L.R. 1272.
Foreign attachment or garnishment as available in action by nonresident against nonresident or foreign corporation upon a foreign cause of action, 14 A.L.R.2d 420.
Identification of parties in action on foreign judgment, 60 A.L.R.2d 1024.
Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act, 72 A.L.R.2d 1255.
Construction and application of Uniform Foreign Money Judgments Recognition Act, 100 A.L.R.3d 792.