2020 Georgia Code
Title 53 - Wills, Trusts, and Administration of Estates
Chapter 10 - Simultaneous Death
§ 53-10-6. Uniformity of Law
This chapter shall be so construed and interpreted as to effectuate its general purpose to make uniform the law in those states which enact it.
(Code 1981, §53-10-6, enacted by Ga. L. 1996, p. 504, § 10.)
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 73 Am. Jur. 2d, Statutes, § 236 et seq.C.J.S.
- 82 C.J.S., Statutes, § 505 et seq.U.L.A.
- Uniform Simultaneous Death Act (U.L.A.) § 7.CHAPTER 11 PROCEEDINGS IN PROBATE COURT
- 53-11-1. (For effective date, see note.) Applicability of, and compliance with, provisions.
- 53-11-2. (For effective date, see note.) "Guardian" defined; persons represented; appointment; successors; guardian named in petitions.
- 53-11-3. (For effective date, see note.) Personal service; generally.
- 53-11-4. (For effective date, see note.) Service of notice where person or residence unknown, or resides outside state.
- 53-11-5. (For effective date, see note.) Additional service of citation or other notice.
- 53-11-6. (For effective date, see note.) Waiver or acknowledgment of service of citation or other notice; consent to granting of relief or entry of order.
- 53-11-7. Officers authorized to administer oath or affirmation or affidavit.
- 53-11-8. Verification of petitions.
- 53-11-9. (For effective date, see note.) Issuance of citation upon filing of petition; contents; meaning; definitions; caveat or objection.
- 53-11-10. (For effective date, see note.) Date by which objections must be filed or on which hearing will be held.
- 53-11-11. Authentication or exemplification of document.
- This chapter was effective January 1, 1998, to the extent that no vested rights of title, year's support, succession, or inheritance are impaired, as provided by the version of Code Section 53-1-1 enacted by Ga. L. 1996, p. 504, § 10, as amended by Ga. L. 1997, p. 1352, § 1.
Ga. L. 1996, p. 504, § 10, effective January 1, 1998, repealed the Code sections formerly codified at this chapter, and enacted the current chapter. The former chapter consisted of §§ 53-11-1 through53-11-6, and was based on Ga. L. 1966, p. 606, §§ 1-5, 7.RESEARCH REFERENCES
Proof of Survivorship in Common Disaster, 56 POF3d 255.