2020 Georgia Code
Title 47 - Retirement and Pensions
Chapter 21 - Regents Retirement Plan
Article 1 - General Provisions
§ 47-21-3. Establishment and Administration of Optional Retirement Plan; Designation of Companies From Which Contracts Will Be Purchased
- The board of regents is authorized to establish an optional retirement plan under which it may purchase annuity contracts, either fixed or variable or a combination thereof, or shares in one or more mutual funds providing retirement and death benefits which shall become the property of participating employees of the University System of Georgia.
- The board of regents shall provide for the administration and maintenance of the optional retirement plan authorized by this chapter.
- The board of regents shall designate at least two but no more than five companies from which contracts will be purchased. In making this designation, the board of regents shall consider the following:
- The nature and extent of the rights and benefits to be provided by the contracts for participating employees and their beneficiaries;
- The relation of the rights and benefits to the amount of the contributions to be made pursuant to the provisions of this chapter;
- The suitability of the rights and benefits to the needs and interests of participating employees and the University System of Georgia;
- The ability of the designated companies to provide the rights and benefits under such contracts; and
- The efficacy of the contracts in the recruitment and retention of faculty and principal administrators.
(Code 1981, §47-21-3, enacted by Ga. L. 1990, p. 1811, § 2; Ga. L. 1995, p. 334, § 2.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.