2020 Georgia Code
Title 46 - Public Utilities and Public Transportation
Chapter 5 - Telephone Service
Article 4 - Telecommunications and Competition Development
- § 46-5-160. Short Title
- § 46-5-161. Legislative Findings; Intent
- § 46-5-162. Definitions
- § 46-5-163. Certificates of Authority
- § 46-5-164. Interconnection Among Certificated Local Exchange Companies
- § 46-5-165. Alternative Regulation of Rates, Terms, and Conditions
- § 46-5-166. Rates for Switched Access
- § 46-5-167. Universal Access Fund
- § 46-5-168. Jurisdiction and Authority of Commission
- § 46-5-169. Company Obligations Associated With Alternative Regulation
- § 46-5-170. Access to Local Telephone Numbering Resources and Assignments
- § 46-5-171. Local Call Charges Based on Duration or Time of Call Prohibited
- § 46-5-171.1. Written Authorization Required by Customer Prior to Being Charged for Service Initiated by a Third Party
- § 46-5-172. Annual Report of Tier 1 Company's Investment Commitment
- § 46-5-173. Unpublished Telephone Identification
- § 46-5-174. Commission's Annual Report to General Assembly
- Ga. L. 1995, p. 886, § 3, not codified by the General Assembly, provides: "The Public Service Commission shall be required to conduct at least three hearings in locations outside the metropolitan areas of the state and accept evidence as to the costs, feasibility, and methodology of providing for toll free calling between two telephones where the central offices serving such telephones are within an extended area of service of not less than 22 miles of each other. The methodology and analysis of the cost and feasibility of such toll free calling area shall be conducted under the supposition of an alternative system of regulation within the framework of Section 1 of this Act. The commission shall conduct such hearings prior to November 30, 1995, and shall report its findings to the General Assembly no later than December 31, 1995. The Public Service Commission shall conclude its consideration in Docket 4231-U of the expansion of local calling areas pursuant to its rules, including but not limited to all balloting and the formulation of an appropriate rate design, on or before January 1, 1996. The implementation of the expanded calling areas shall be completed on or before July 1, 1996."
Ga. L. 1995, p. 886, § 4, not codified by the General Assembly, provides for severability.Law reviews.
- For note on the 1995 enactment of this article, see 12 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 333 (1995).