2020 Georgia Code
Title 45 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 12 - Governor
Article 3 - Appointments and Vacancies
§ 45-12-61. Campaign Contributions and Judicial Appointments
- As used in this Code section, the terms "campaign committee," "contribution," and "expenditure" shall have the meanings set forth in Code Section 21-5-3.
- No person shall be eligible for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeals, the superior courts, or the state courts if such person has made a contribution to or expenditure on behalf of the Governor or the Governor's campaign committee either: (1) in the 30 day period preceding the vacancy, unless the person requests and is provided a refund of such contribution or reimbursement for such expenditure; or (2) on or after the date the vacancy occurs.
(Code 1981, §45-12-61, enacted by Ga. L. 2005, p. 859, § 27/HB 48.)Editor's notes.
- Ga. L. 2005, p. 859, § 28, not codified by the General Assembly, provides that the provisions of that Act do not apply to any violation occurring prior to January 9, 2006.Law reviews.
- For article on 2005 enactment of this Code section, see 22 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 119 (2005).
ARTICLE 4 OFFICE OF PLANNING AND BUDGET
- Applicability of article to Employment Security Administration Fund, § 34-8-81.PART 1 MANAGEMENT OF BUDGETARY AND FINANCIAL AFFAIRS