2020 Georgia Code
Title 44 - Property
Chapter 7 - Landlord and Tenant
Article 1 - In General
§ 44-7-18. Effect of Leases for Purposes of Prostitution or Assignation
- As used in this Code section, the term:
- "Assignation" means the making of any appointment or engagement for prostitution or any act in furtherance of such appointment or engagement.
- "Prostitution" means the offering or giving of the body for sexual intercourse, sex perversion, obscenity, or lewdness for hire.
- "Tourist camp" means any temporary or permanent buildings, tents, cabins or structures, or trailers or other vehicles which are maintained, offered, or used for dwelling or sleeping quarters for pay.
- All leases and agreements letting, subletting, or renting any house, place, building, tourist camp, or other structure for the purpose of prostitution or assignation shall be void.
(Ga. L. 1943, p. 568, § 3.)Cross references.
- Penalty for prostitution and keeping place of prostitution, §§ 16-6-9,16-6-10.
Abatement of houses of prostitution, Ch. 3, T. 41.JUDICIAL DECISIONS
Cited in Price v. State, 76 Ga. App. 108, 45 S.E.2d 84 (1947); Pippin v. State, 205 Ga. 316, 53 S.E.2d 482 (1949).