There is a newer version of this Section
2020 Georgia Code
Title 44 - Property
Chapter 3 - Regulation of Specialized Land Transactions
Article 3 - Condominiums
§ 44-3-78. Allocation - Interests in Common Elements
Universal Citation: GA Code § 44-3-78 (2020)
- The declaration shall allocate to each unit depicted on plats or plans that comply with subsections (a) and (b) of Code Section 44-3-83 an undivided interest in the common elements. Such allocation may be by percentage, fraction, formula, or any other method which indicates the relative undivided interests in the common elements. If an equal undivided interest in the common elements is allocated to each unit, the declaration may merely so state.
- All of the undivided interests in the common elements shall be allocated to the units created by the declaration and shall be subject to reallocation as provided in this article.
- If the undivided interests allocated are other than equal, the undivided interest allocated to each unit shall be reflected by a table or provision in the declaration or by an exhibit or schedule accompanying the declaration and recorded simultaneously therewith identifying the units, listing them serially or grouping them together in the case of units to which identical undivided interests are allocated, and setting forth the fraction, percentage, or other statement of undivided interest in the common elements allocated thereto.
- Except to the extent otherwise expressly provided by this article, the undivided interest in the common elements allocated to any unit shall not be altered; and any purported transfer, encumbrance, or other disposition of that interest without the unit to which it pertains shall be void.
- The common elements shall not be subject to any action for partition except as provided in Code Sections 44-3-98 and 44-3-99.
- No undivided interest in the common elements shall be allocated to any unit unless such unit is depicted on plats or plans that comply with subsections (a) and (b) of Code Section 44-3-83.
(Ga. L. 1975, p. 609, § 15.)
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 15A Am. Jur. 2d, Condominiums and Cooperative Apartments, § 29 et seq. 23 Am. Jur. 2d, Deeds, § 192 et seq.C.J.S.
- 51C C.J.S., Landlord and Tenant, § 232.ALR.
- Proper party plaintiff in action for injury to common areas of condominium development, 69 A.L.R.3d 1148.
Validity and construction of condominium association's regulations governing members' use of common facilities, 72 A.L.R.3d 308.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.