2020 Georgia Code
Title 44 - Property
Chapter 12 - Rights in Personalty
Article 6 - Falling Pecans
- § 44-12-240. Definitions
- § 44-12-241. Pecans Falling on Public Right of Way - Ownership During Harvest Season; Picking Pecans From Tree Limbs Without Permission; Penalty
- § 44-12-242. Pecans Falling on Public Right of Way - Removal Out of Harvest Season
- § 44-12-243. Effect of Article on Maintenance of Public Rights of Way; Harvest on Limited Access Highways
- Ungathered fruit as subject of conversion or action of trover, 63 A.L.R. 230.
Contract to harvest pecans anticipating future lease.
- Contract for the harvest of pecans was enforceable, although the lessor had not yet purchased the orchard and the parties planned to sign a lease, because the contract identified the parties, the property, the consideration, and the lease term; the lessee therefore could not recover on theories of unjust enrichment or money had and received. Cook Pecan Co. v. McDaniel, 344 Ga. App. 370, 810 S.E.2d 186 (2018).