2020 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 8 - Equipment and Inspection of Motor Vehicles
Article 1 - Equipment Generally
Part 6 - Equipment of School Buses
§ 40-8-110. Identification and Color
- Every bus used for the transportation of school children shall bear upon the front and rear thereof a plainly visible sign containing the words "SCHOOL BUS" in letters not less than eight inches in height.
- On and after January 1, 1971, every new school bus purchased for the transportation of school children shall be painted National School Bus Chrome Yellow.
(Ga. L. 1953, Nov.-Dec. Sess., p. 556, § 89; Ga. L. 1970, p. 586, § 2.)Cross references.
- Code section not applicable to public transit systems transporting school children, § 40-8-114.
- In light of the similarity of the statutory provisions, decisions under former Code 1933, § 68-311 are included in the annotations for this Code section.Failure to mark bus is negligence per se.
- Operation of a bus in transporting school children without the bus being marked "school bus" is negligence per se. Dishinger v. Suburban Coach Co., 84 Ga. App. 498, 66 S.E.2d 242 (1951) (decided under former Code 1933, § 68-311).