2020 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 6 - Uniform Rules of the Road
Article 8 - School Buses
- § 40-6-160. Speed Limits When Transporting Children
- § 40-6-161. Headlights to Be Lit When Transporting Children; Communication Equipment Required
- § 40-6-162. Use of Visual Signals
- § 40-6-163. Duty of Driver of Vehicle Meeting or Overtaking School Bus; Reporting of Violations; Civil Monetary Penalty for Violations Captured by School Bus Camera
- § 40-6-164. Duty of School Bus Driver Stopping to Allow Children to Disembark
- § 40-6-165. Operation of School Buses
ARTICLE 8 SCHOOL BUSES
- Accident insurance for children being transported by school bus, § 20-2-1090 et seq.
Duty of drivers of school buses to stop at railroad crossings, § 40-6-142.
Equipment of school buses, § 40-8-110 et seq.Administrative Rules and Regulations.
- Public School Bus Inspection, Official Compilation of the Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia, Department of Public Safety, Chapter 570-30.
OPINIONS OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
- In light of the similarity of the statutory provisions, opinions under former Code 1933, §§ 68A-706 and 68-1667 are included in the annotations for this article.Waiver of equipment standards.
- There was no authority which would allow a waiver of equipment standards enumerated in former Code 1933, §§ 68A-706 and 68-1667. 1977 Op. Att'y Gen. No. 77-43 (decided under former Code 1933, §§ 68A-706 and 68-1667).
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 7A Am. Jur. 2d, Automobiles and Highway Traffic, § 282.
Liability of School Bus Driver or School for Injury to Child Going to or from School Bus, 13 POF3d 475.C.J.S.
- 60A C.J.S., Motor Vehicles, § 719.ALR.
- Carrier's liability to person in street or highway for purpose of boarding its vehicle, 7 A.L.R.2d 549.