2020 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 6 - Uniform Rules of the Road
Article 5 - Rights and Duties of Pedestrians
§ 40-6-99. Pedestrians to Yield to Authorized Emergency Vehicles
- Upon the immediate approach of an authorized emergency vehicle making use of an audible signal meeting the requirements of Code Section 40-8-94, and visual and audible signals meeting the requirements of Code Section 40-6-6 or a vehicle belonging to a federal, state, or local law enforcement agency making use of visual and audible signals meeting the requirements of Code Section 40-6-6, every pedestrian shall yield the right of way to the authorized emergency vehicle or law enforcement vehicle.
- This Code section shall not operate to relieve the driver of an authorized emergency vehicle from the duty to drive with due regard for the safety of all persons using the highway nor from the duty to exercise due care to avoid colliding with any pedestrian.
(Code 1933, § 68A-510, enacted by Ga. L. 1974, p. 633, § 1; Code 1981, §40-6-101; Code 1981, §40-6-99, as redesignated by Ga. L. 1990, p. 2048, § 5.)Cross references.
- Limitation of liability of persons rendering emergency care, §§ 31-11-8,51-1-29,51-1-30, and51-1-30.1.
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 7A Am. Jur. 2d, Automobiles and Highway Traffic, § 296 et seq.C.J.S.
- 60A C.J.S., Motor Vehicles, §§ 870, 871.